Good Saturday morn — it looks to be a good one, too. Before you go enjoy this gorgeous spring weather, some longer form columns for your reading enjoyment:
• The Taming of the Trading Monster (or, the fund formerly known as SAC) (NY Mag)
• The Popes of Silicon Valley: How Greylock Partners Finds the Next Facebook (Newsweek)
• How to Watch the World Cup Like a True Soccer Nerd (Grantland)
• Jimmy Iovine: The Man With the Magic Ears (Rolling Stone)
• Scenes From D-Day, Then and Now (The Atlantic) see also Robert Capa’s Longest Day (Vanity Fair)
• The Robots Running This Way (MIT Technology Review)
• If everyone’s an idiot, guess who’s the jerk? (Aeon)
• Forget CSI: A Disaster Is Happening in America’s Crime Labs (Business Insider)
• Guardian at the Gate: The Guardian, financed through a trust created by its then owners in the Thirties may well be the best-funded newspaper in the world (GQ)
• Miami Gardens is Suspect City: Florida City’s ‘Stop & Frisk’ detains 56,922 people — with not a single arrest (Fusion)
Where are the fish biting?
Inflation-Adjusted Dow Near Six Month High
Source: Chart of the Day
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.