My afternoon train reads :
• Hedge funds miss out on equity surge (FT)
• Investors Still Love The Thrill of the Chase (Investing Caffeine) see also Quantum math makes human irrationality more sensible (Science News)
• Here’s why Larry Summers is wrong about secular stagnation (WonkBlog)
• Nocera: Helping Big Companies Compete (NY Times) see also Corporate tax dodgers leave the rest of us to foot the bill (Washington Post)
• Comcast Rep Stonewalls Customer in Cancellation Request Gone Awry (Mashable)
• The Economics of Fake Degrees (Slate)
• Consciousness on-off switch discovered deep in brain (New Scientist)
• A ‘nationwide gentrification effect’ is segregating us (WonkBlog) see also Obama Presses Congress for Long-Term Transportation Bill (NYT)
• Meet the medical student who wants to bring down Dr. Oz (Vox)
• Funny! We strenuously fact-checked the entire premise of the movie Sex Tape (GQ)
What are you reading?
The Patient Is Improving but Still Sickly
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.
5 Responses to “10 Tuesday PM Reads”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.