My afternoon train reads :
• BlackRock: The $4.3 trillion force (Fortune)
• Workers are cutting back on stock of their own companies in a welcome sign of investment maturity (MoneyBeat) see also Dow 17,000 is on the wrong side of history (MarketWatch)
• Michael Lewis: Deeb the Conqueror Bears His Soul Before Mama (Bloomberg View)
• We’re number…nine? When it comes to financial literacy, American teens are downright mediocre (Real Time Economics)
• Family money talks (Fidelity)
• Iraq’s ISIS Is Eclipsing Al-Qaeda, Especially With Young Jihadists (Newsweek) see also ISIS-Linked Blog: Bitcoin Can Fun Terrorist Movements Worldwide (CoinDesk)
• Refinancing could save these homeowners nearly $200 a month. Here’s why they won’t do it. (WonkBlog)
• 5 Simple Notions That Help Solve Problems (Farnam Street)
• Solar has won. Even if coal were free to burn, power stations couldn’t compete (The Guardian) see also Deutsche Bank Lends $1B in Japan’s Solar Gold Rush (Bloomberg)
• The 25 Best Movies of 2014 (So Far) (Paste)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.