Pour a tall cup of joe, settle in to your favorite easy chair, and enjoy our longer-form reads to begin your Saturday:
• How Russian Hackers Stole the Nasdaq (Businessweek)
• Visualizing Algorithms (Mike Bostock)
• The voodoo of lobster economics: Cheap at sea, pricey on the plate (Globe and Mail)
• The secretive billionaire who built Silicon Valley (Fortune)
• Content Used to Be King. Now It’s the Joker. (Medium)
• Tech’s Most Powerful Snoop (NY Mag)
• Will the rich live to 120 and the poor die at 60? (Aeon) see also Tales from the Genome (Seeking Wisdom)
• 45 Years Ago We Landed Men on the Moon (The Atlantic)
• Has Jeff Koons Become a Pillar of the Art Establishment? (Vanity Fair)
• The Worst Free-Throw Shooter (Pacific Standard)
Whats up for the weekend?
S&P 500 P/E Since 1900
Source: Chart of the Day
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.