Happy weekend! Settle into your favorite easy chair, pour yourself some coffee, and enJoy our long form reads:
• When She Talks, Banks Shudder (NY Times)
• Inside YouTube’s Fame Factory (Fast Company) see also YouTube Stars More Popular Than Mainstream Celebs Among U.S. Teens (Variety)
• Potato Salad: By the Numbers (Kickstarter)
• When data becomes dangerous: Why Elon Musk is right and wrong about AI (GigaOm)
• Israel, Gaza, War & Data (Medium)
• Stop predicting the future. Leave that to the robot who’s going to steal your job. (The Guardian) see also AI, Robotics, and the Future of Jobs (Pew Research)
• You’re 16. You’re a Pedophile. You Don’t Want to Hurt Anybody. What Do You Do Now? (Medium)
• What happened to the art of an overhand curveball? (Sports On Earth)
• The Beatles at Candlestick in 1966: An oral history from the fans (SF Gate)
• Playboy Interview: George Carlin (Longform)
What’s up for the weekend?
Banks, Financial Firms Load Up On Cheap Debt
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.
10 Responses to “10 Weekend Reads”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.