Good Saturday morning. Pour yourself a tall cup of hot black, settle into your favorite chair, and enjoy an especially robust set of hand curated longer form weekend reads:
• The Making of Vladimir Putin (Politico)
• Profits Without Prosperity: Post Great Recession, corporate profits and market have recovered booming. The resy of America has not (Harvard Business Review)
• The Soft-Kill Solution: New frontiers in crowd compliance (Harper’s)
• Sources of American Political Dysfunction: Institutions in Decay (Foreign Affairs)
• Saving Horatio Alger: Equality, Opportunity, and the American Dream (Brookings)
• The Hedge Fund and the Despot: Mugabe and Och-Ziff Capital Management (Businessweek)
• Evaporated in Syria, the World’s Most Dangerous Place for Journalists (Vanity Fair) see also James Foley and the Disappearance of Journalism in Syria (The Atlantic)
• Wrecking an Economy Means Never Having to Say You’re Sorry (New Republic)
• A History of This^, #This, and This (Medium)
• Lorne Again (Grantland) see also ‘SNL’ Political Secrets Revealed: Hillary’s “Entitlement,” the Sketch Obama Killed and the Show’s “Karl Rove” (Hollywood Reporter)
Whats up for the 2nd to last Summer weekend?
Interest-Rate Fears Trample Gold
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.
14 Responses to “10 Weekend Reads”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.