Posts filed under “Apprenticed Investor”
My year end review of the lessons provided by 2007 is now up at Real Money.
The details are at the subscription only site, but here are the bullet points:
• Ignore market rumors
• Buy sector strength (Corollary: avoid weak sectors):
• Never blindly follow the “Big Money” (a/k/a Professionals make dumb mistakes also):
• Day-to-day stock action is noise
• P/E matters less than you think
• Ignore deteriorating fundamentals at your peril
• Nothing is more costly than chasing yield
• Know what you own
• Simple is better than complex
• Stick to what you do best
• Fess up!
• Risk management matters
• The Trend is still your friend
Its on the subscription only site, but I will try to get it moved to the free TheStreet.com section tomorrow . . .
Lessons From 2007: A Baker’s Dozen
RealMoney.com, 1/2/2008 6:54 AM EST