Posts filed under “Digital Media”
If you missed the big Barron’s article (How Much Do Silicon Valley Firms Really Earn?) story this past weekend on Silicon Valley’s accounting, you should definitely check it out. There has always been a element of bullshit in not expensing stock options, but this has now moved towards absurdity. Compaore & Contrast Source: Barron’s
A few interesting factoids about the Summer Solstice:
1. Its the 1st day Of Summer (in the Northern Hemisphere)
2. The Summer Solstice is also the Winter Solstice (in the Southern Hemisphere).
3. This year, it falls on June 21. But that’s not always true. It occurs when the sun reaches its highest point in the sky. It varies between June 20-22.
4. The word “Solstice” is means “sun” and “staying,” or “the sun standing still.”
5. Around noon on the solstice, your shadow will be the smallest it is all year.
6. In some places, there’s constant sunlight.
7. Solstice has been celebrated for centuries.
Bloomberg Briefs: Nowadays, it’s hard to find more exuberant sharing-economy enthusiasts than investors. Uber, the ride-hailing company, is raising $1.5 billion at a valuation of $50 billion — theoretically making the six-year-old business the equal of Target and Kraft Foods. Airbnb, for home sharing, is valued at $20 billion. Uber competitor Lyft is valued Uber…Read More