Posts filed under “Humor”
Stephen Colbert to be next host of "The Late Show"…press release coming
— CBS Tweet (@CBSTweet) April 10, 2014
Latest media on the subject:
• CBS ANNOUNCES STEPHEN COLBERT AS THE NEXT HOST OF “THE LATE SHOW” (CBS Press Release)
• Colbert to Succeed Letterman on ‘Late Show’ (NYT)
• Jon Stewart: Stephen Colbert ‘would be remarkable’ for David Letterman’s ‘Late Show’ replacement (Daily News)
• Stephen Colbert to replace David Letterman on “Late Show” (CBS)
• Stephen Colbert to Replace David Letterman (Variety)
• Why Is Bill O’Reilly Trying to Get Stephen Colbert David Letterman’s Job? (Time)
• Could Stephen Colbert ‘break character’ to host CBS’s ‘Late Show?’ (Newsday)
A little history for you young’uns:
In one of the ballsiest comic stunts ever pulled in Washington, comedian Stephen Colbert delivered a blistering “tribute” to President Bush at the annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner. It was so edgy and uncomfortable that it was almost too hard to watch, as a cold-faced and stunned Bush sat just a few feet away with the look of someone who had just been ambushed.
Acting the part of the faux conservative talk show host that he plays on Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report, Colbert spoke truthiness to power as he leveled an all-out assault on Bush under the guise of mock praise. He lampooned Bush over everything from his low approval ratings to his handling of Iraq to his vaunted stubbornness — and got in a few shots at the Washington press corps as well.
New Yorker cartoon editor Bob Mankoff lets 60 Minutes cameras into the weekly process of picking the magazine’s famous cartoons 60 Minutes ~~~ Morley Safer’s favorite New Yorker cartoons Morley Safer picks some of his favorite cartoons from his 60-odd years as a reader of The New Yorker magazine
Seafood, aka the Mercedes of food, is deemed an inappropriate food source for America’s low income diners.
What Not To Buy
Daily Show 04:09
Herman Cain struggles to define food stamp assistance, and Fox News shares a myriad of concerns surrounding welfare and its intended use.
What Not To Buy – What Would Jesus Soil
I am watching the Beatles Grammy show (on DVR) when it dawns on me that I was out drinking with Ringo Starr recently. I am trying to recall how I ended up getting s#$%faced with a Beatle, when it dawns on me that it wasn’t Ringo at all, but Howard! Is it just…Read More