Posts filed under “Technology”
For those of you thinking about picking up Apple’s new iPad2, the reviews are out — and they are pretty damned good:
• Engadget: “The iPad 2 isn’t just the best tablet on the market, it feels like the only tablet on the market
• NYT/Pogue: “The iPad will still dominate the market”
• WSJ/Mossberg: “Best tablet for average consumers”
• Daring Fireball/Gruber: “Like last year’s iPhone 4, it seems like technology from the near future”
However, as David Pogue showed in his NYT tech column (I love this), the reviewers are not always all that smart:
- “An utter disappointment and abysmal failure” (Orange County Design Blog).
- “Consumers seem genuinely baffled by why they might need it” (Businessweek).
- “Nothing more than a luxury bauble that will appeal to a few gadget freaks” (Bloomberg).
- “Insanely great it is not” (MarketWatch).
- “My god, am I underwhelmed” (Gizmodo).
Get your hands on one and play with it yourselves. . . .
Best App Ever Angry Birds, published by Clickgamer.com Most Innovative App – iPhone Division Winner :: Word Lens by Quest Visual – iPad Division Winner :: Flipboard by Flipboard Inc. Best Visual Design – iPhone Division Winner :: Camera+ by tap tap tap – iPad Division Winner :: Flipboard by Flipboard Inc. Best Use of…Read More
My favorite source for these things is John Paczkowski at All Things Digital. If you are interested in the new iPad, thats your best live blogging source.
Interesting quote of the from Bob Lefsetz: EGYPT: “We were there first, music fans already revolted. They killed not only the album, but the major labels. We’re living in an era of chaos. To complain is to be Mubarak. The audience was oppressed for too long, given an opportunity to go its own way, it…Read More
Its funny that Jesse Eisenberg and Mark Zuckerberg were on SNL last night. Facebook has rapidly become one the largest sources of spam in my day. From people who send me unsolicited messages to ranging from reasonable to spamorriffic garbage, to invites to events 3000 miles away, it is rapidly becoming a time wasting junk…Read More