Back in the studio for the regular appearance with Kudlow tonite, at 5:00 – 5:25pm.
The topics will include "Nuts with Nukes," Google/You Tube, The Economy, and a brand new Earnings Season.
Guests include the Goldilocks herself: Diane Swonk (of Mesiro Financial), the erudite Nouriel Roubini of NYU, and Dennis Kneale, Forbes.
A few random thoughts about these items:
• Google’s Purchase of You Tube was essentially "free" given the stock rise since the trial balloon;
• The markets have ignored NK’s nukes, reminding us there is a fine line between Resilience and Complacency;
• The Odds of GOP Retaining Congressional Control continue to slide; This could create both a sell-off in November and a buying opportunity in the event of a correction; It may even see some spending discipline come back into Congress via PayGo.
• Negative Earnings preannouncements have outweighed positive ones for the first time in many quarters; This has also been the first quarter that saw dividend increases falter;
• Housing remains in the early stage of correction
• The market just refuses to go down — its fairly astonishing; This will continue until one day when it suddenly stops;
Should be a gas . . .