The latest additions to my Instapaper, for your reading pleasure:
• Karl Marx, Economist? (Chronicle of Higher Education) Marx, it turns out, did not believe in Communism
• Shadowstats: Inflation Actually Near 10% Using Older Measure (CNBC.com) Sounds high to me . . .
• Michael Lewis: The Fed Rescue Program Too Bizarre to Be True (Bloomberg)
• The Wall Street Mind: Anxious… (NY Mag)
• New Questions about Banks’ Force-Placed Insurance Deals (American Banker)
• Matt Taibbi: Why is the Federal Reserve forking over $220 million in bailout money to the wives of two Morgan Stanley bigwigs? (Rolling Stone)
• Is Goldman, Wall Street’s Biggest Commodities Bull, Hanging Up the Horns? (CNBC.com)
• Americans Decry Power of Lobbyists, Corporations, Banks, Feds (Gallup)
• Manhattan DA Investigates Bear Stearns Mortgage Traders (The Atlantic)
Quite the eclectic mix today.
Use comments to add further reads . . .
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.