Happy Independance Day! Here are some pre-beach reads (or actual beach reads, if you get TBP on your Kindle):
• Morsi repeated McCain’s error: Ignore the economy (MarketWatch) see also Egypt Interim Leader Inherits Troubled Legacy From Mursi (Bloomberg)
• Is Warren Buffett More Myth Than Legend? (Marketwatch) (A Dimensional Fund Joint)
• Celebrity Economists Make Waves (At Work)
• Weber Grills: Mostly Made in America by Private Equity (Businessweek)
• What the Hell Happened to Jon Corzine? (Fiscal Times)
• Rising Rates Tie Ivory-Tower Types in Knots (Bloomberg) see also Bond Funds Losing $60 Billion Foreshadow Risk of Fed Exit (Bloomberg)
• Prosecutions of offshore banks may help turn tide against secrecy (McClathy)
• Free Press Pushes the Justice Department to Respect Journalists’ Rights (Free Press) see also Meet the “Journalists Against Journalism” club! (Salon)
• The Economics of Eating Out (priceonomics)
• Machiavelli doesn’t belong to the 1 percent (Salon) see also Mankiw, Kaplan, CEO Pay and the Defense of the 1 Percent (Economic Policy Institute)
What beach are you heading to?
Smart Long Term Investors Ignore Headlines
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.